The vision for 2150 Lake Shore is a vibrant, mixed-use and transit-oriented redevelopment.
The Master Plan, submitted as part of our Official Plan Amendment (OPA) Application in October of 2019, proposed a new Park Lawn GO Station, related TTC transit improvements, a network of new streets and connections, a range of new open spaces including a new public park, and a diverse mix of residential, retail, service, entertainment and employment uses.
On May 19, 2020, a Revised Official Plan Amendment, a new Zoning-By-Law Amendment and Draft Plan of Subdivision applications were submitted to the City with revisions and upgrades to the original Master Plan. Highlights of key changes include:
- A larger park, which is now twice as large as the original park plan;
- The potential for two elementary schools. TDSB and TCDSB have expressed interest in incorporating new elementary schools into the master plan;
- More office space, bringing employment uses into the heart of the site;
- A better pedestrian experience along Park Lawn and Lake Shore with a new pedestrian-scaled streetwall;
- Extending Station Square to Park Lawn: improvements have been made to enhance pedestrian connectivity to the GO station and to accommodate bus activity along Park Lawn Road so your transit experience is even better than before.
Have questions about the latest version of the Master Plan? Join us! We are hosting a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, May 28 at 5pm online. Learn more by visiting our home page. We will be highlighting the key changes above with a presentation, followed by a Question & Answer session.