Public engagement is a key part of our planning process. It allows our team to understand community values, concerns and aspirations for the future of the site and provides a means for an open stream of communication to continue through all phases. Community feedback, existing property conditions and constraints, developer aspirations and applicable planning policies will all be considered in the design of our Development Master Plan.
IDEA FAIR #2
On November 21, 2018, First Capital hosted Idea Fair #2 to:
- Introduce Master Planners and Morrison to the community
- Allow for attendees to share ideas around re-imagining 2150 Lake Shore Blvd. W. as the new dynamic heart of Humber Bay Shores.
Missed the event? Watch the highlight reel below.
IDEA FAIR #1
On February 6, 2018, First Capital held an Idea Fair to:
- Share preliminary thoughts and concepts for the redevelopment of the Mr. Christie site
- Meet the community and gather feedback
- Provide an opportunity for the community to learn about First Capital and the vision for this new community at Humber Bay Shores
WHAT WE DISCOVERED
Feedback was gathered, with key themes including:
- A transit hub
- Retail & services
- Community amenity space
- A mixed-use community
Commentary will be incorporated into the development plans before a development application is submitted to the City of Toronto. See what you missed by viewing our display boards here.